Grand Rapids Criminal Defense Attorney Protecting the Rights of Those Accused of a Crime
Over 20 years of experience as a criminal trial attorney
When you are accused of a criminal offense, your freedom, your reputation, and your job may be at stake. Be certain of your lawyer’s competence, reputation, and experience as a criminal defense lawyer.
The law office of Jeffrey J. O’Hara, Attorney at Law, PC focuses on criminal defense and is committed to excellence. Jeffrey J. O’Hara is recognized as one of the preeminent criminal defense attorneys in Michigan. Jeffrey J. O’Hara has been selected as a MICHIGAN SUPER LAWYER. Super Lawyers Magazine is published nationwide and lists names of attorneys who receive the highest ratings as chosen by their peers and independent research. Only five percent of attorneys nationwide are selected for this prestigious recognition.
Making a difference in clients' lives
Grand Rapids criminal defense attorney Jeffrey J. O'Hara offers clients an array of distinct advantages:
- Trial experience — Many criminal defense firms may hesitate to bring a case to the courtroom. In our fight for clients' rights, we welcome the opportunity to argue your case at trial. Backed by decades of courtroom experience, we can anticipate the prosecution and present your case with confidence.
- Peer recognition — Attorney O'Hara has earned the respect of his peers in the legal community for his professional abilities and ethics. He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and has been named a SuperLawyer for criminal defense in Michigan. For clients, such achievements can translate to respect for our opinions and arguments.
- Exceptional client treatment — We treat our clients with the utmost respect and dignity. We know people make mistakes and can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. We don't judge. We are personally available 24/7 for emergencies, because we know you can have questions and worries at any time. When you meet with us, we provide a realistic and insightful evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of your case. And while we recommend courses of action, the decision on how to move forward is always yours.
Handling the full spectrum of criminal defense
Our firm is a full-service criminal defense practice. A conviction can severely alter an individual's and a family's lifestyle and even well-being, having negative consequences on your family, work, community, and ability to qualify for educational grants and scholarships. We make it a priority to uphold your rights and protect your liberty in state and federal courts.
We routinely handle cases in the following areas:
- Theft and property crime — In today's rough economic environment, we've seen good people make poor decisions in their challenge to feed their families. We want to protect the rights of those charged with robbery, shoplifting, identity theft, auto theft, fraud and embezzlement.
- DUI — Whether you're facing a DUI charge for the first time or are a repeat offender, having an experienced attorney defend against your drunk driving charge can result in minimized fines and other penalties, including license suspension, ignition interlock. We examine the facts of your situation and formulate specific strategies, such as challenging a Breathalyzer® or other testing equipment.
- Drug charges — Drug charges are serious offenses and can be subject to state and federal laws. As with many of our practice areas, we evaluate the evidence against you and we probe into the actions of the police and investigators. In the drug possession, drug trafficking and distribution, and drug manufacturing cases we handle, we seek to expose dubious actions and testimony against you.
- Sex crimes — Protect your reputation and your way of life with guidance and support from an experienced defense attorney if you are charged any of the following sex crimes: indecent exposure, prostitution, rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse, child sexual abuse or Internet pornography.
- White collar crime — White collar crime is a felony subject to Michigan or federal laws for Medicare or insurance fraud, money laundering, racketeering, consumer fraud or misrepresentation, embezzlement, counterfeiting, identity theft, credit card theft, tax evasion, extortion, mail or wire fraud and smuggling. Felony charges may result in harsh fines, jail or prison time, business forfeiture and a permanent criminal record.
We also handle cases of murder, gun and weapons charges, and expungement of your past criminal felony or misdemeanor.
Contact an experienced Grand Rapids criminal defense lawyer for your free initial consultation today – contact Jeffrey J. O’Hara, Attorney at Law, PC
When your freedom, your reputation and your way of life are on the line, put your defense in the skilled hands of Jeffrey J. O'Hara, Attorney at Law, PC in Grand Rapids. Our office is located in the Waters Building across from the Kent County Courthouse. Call us at 616.235.2000 or tell us about your case using our online form. If you have an emergency, we are available 24/7.